CHSH Dezso & Partners has acted as advisor to Air Liquide, the French multinational company which supplies industrial gases and services to various industries including medical, chemical, and electronic manufacturers, on the sale of its Hungarian subsidiary to the Messer Group, its German competitor. Oppenheim advised the Messer Group on the deal.
Air Liquide Hungary Ipari Gaztermelo Kft has been producing and selling oxygen and nitrogen and importing other industrial gases in Hungary since 1990.
According to CHSH Dezso & Partners, the firm advised the Air Liquide Group on corporate law matters as well as a range of matters, including competition law and intellectual property law, "while taking into consideration the specific rules that apply to the industrial gas sector."
“We are proud that we had the opportunity to assist our client in this transaction," said Tamas Polauf, the Co-Managing Partner of CHSH Dezso & Partners, "particularly in the light of the fact that the Hungarian Competition Authority carried out a Phase II procedure.”
The CHSH team consisted of Polauf and Senior Attorney Laszlo Krupl, as well as Attorneys Peter Szajlai and Marton Kocsis, and Associate Zoltan Kolodzey.
The Oppenheim team advising the Messer Group consisted of Partners Ivan Bartal, Jozsef Fenyvesi, Zoltan Marosi, and Gabor Fejes, and Senior Associates Lia Scheuer-Szabo and Barna Fazekas.
- Clemens Barenthaler Joins Real Estate Practice at Taylor Wessing in Austria
- CHSH, Gowlings WLG, and Taylor Wessing Advise on Convergys Acquisition of BUW
- Schoenherr, Gleiss Lutz, and Hengeler Mueller Advise on SEB Acquisition of WMF Group
- Schoenherr, Clifford Chance, and CHSH Advise on Immofinanz Acquisition of 26% Participation in CA Immo
- CHSH Advises La Poste Group on Acquisition of Majority Stake in Metrica