Our new issue is out! The April 2015 issue focuses on the two regional hotspots at the moment, with Market Spotlights on both Russia and Ukraine, and an Experts Review section dedicated to White Collar Crime.
In Issue 2.2. Readers Will Find:
- A Guest Editorial by Denise Hamer, new Partner at DLA Piper International: “Go East, Young Woman!"
- The Summary of Deals and Moves for February-April 2015
- A review of the convoluted and controversial Hypo Group Alpe-Adria Bank crisis
- A report on the move by White & Case’s Budapest office to Dentons, and White & Case’s subsequent withdrawal from Hungary;
- A review of Privatizations across South Eastern Europe
- "Market Snapshots" containing an overview of various practice areas in Russia and Ukraine
- A Round Table conversation with Senior and Managing Partners at the leading firms in Kyiv about the challenges they’re facing
- A report on how partners at firms with offices in both Ukraine and Russia manage the potential for distraction during a time of conflict
- An interview with leading legal recruiters in Russia to understand how the current financial crisis in that country is affecting lateral moves in that country
- A humorous review of surreal and silly disputes in Russia over the past year
- Guest Market Spotlight Editorials by the Olga Binda, Counselor to the President of Federal Chamber of Advocates of the Russian Federation, and Olga Usenko, the Chief Editor and Head of Research Programs at the Ukrainian Journal of Business Law
- The Buzz — a review of the issues and subjects dominating conversation among lawyers across CEE
- "Inside Insight” interviews with senior in-house counsel from Carlsberg Ukraine, Henkel, ING Bank, Food City, Virgin Connect, and the Co-Chairman of the Compliance Club under the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine
- “Expat on the Market” interviews with Peter Teluk in Kyiv and Matthew Keats in Moscow
- CEE "Experts Review” analyses of White Collar Crime across all CEE jurisdictions
As our readers know, this also means that our previous issue is now available.
The February Issue contains:
- A Guest Editorial by Attila Bocsak, Head of Legal at Turk Telekom International: “The Turkish Connection — CEE In-House Lawyering at Turk Telekom International"
- The Summary of Deals and Moves for the beginning of 2015
- A look at the leading source of Chinese investment in the region
- A consideration of the allegations of bias made against the international legal directories
- "Market Snapshots" containing an overview of the legal market in a multitude of practice areas in Hungary and Turkey
- An analysis of what "A Lowering Tide” means for law firms in Turkey
- A look back at CMS’ 25 years of existence in Hungary
- Our first “Face-To-Face” feature with Kinga Heteny from Schoenherr interviewing Gergo Budai, General Counsel of Invitel
- "Inside Insight” interviews with senior in-house counsel from Zorlu Holding, BNP Paribas Cardif Turkey, Kibar Holding, Sberbank Hungary, and Magyar Telekom
- “Expat on the Market” interviews with Matthieu Roy and Richard Lock
- CEE "Experts Review" Round-up on Energy for 22 jurisdictions