You may have noticed the publication of the electronic version of the August 2015 issue of CEE Legal Matters — and the corresponding transfer of the June issue to the free part of the website — has been delayed by a couple days this month. Why? Because we’ve been working like crazy to prepare for the recently published 2015 CEE Corporate Counsel Handbook and the upcoming GC Summit in Budapest, scheduled for September 10-11. Our apologies to those readers who were eagerly awaiting both developments, but rest assured, your time has come!
And … if you’re already planning on attending the GC Summit, you’ll get to experience the results of our labors first-hand. If you’re a senior in-house counsel and not yet registered for the event … why not?
To give you reading material to pass the time until next week’s event, we’re happy to announce that the August 2015 issue of the CEE Legal Matters magazine, with Market Spotlights on Austria and Serbia and an Experts Review section dedicated to TMT, is published and on its way to subscribers! With the publication of the August issue, the June issue becomes available to non-subscribers.
Subscribers will find the following features in the August 2015 issue:
- The Summary of Deals
- The Buzz
- Article: Law Firm PR in CEE
- Interview with Marie-Anne Birken, the General Counsel of the EBRD
- Article: Hidden Functionalities of the CEE Legal Matters website
- New Feature: Reviewing deals from the Inside Out
- Guest Editorial by Veronika Pazmanyova: Made in Slovakia
- The Serbian Beachhead and A Splintering Market in our Market Spotlight sections
- Market Snapshots covering arbitration, real estate, energy, and crowdfunding, foreign exchange, and insolvency
- Market Spotlight Guest Editorials from Thomas Schirmer of Binder Groesswang and Patricia Gannon of Karanovic & Nikolic
- Inside Insight Interviews with Ferdinand Trauttenberg (Head of Group Legal at .A.S.A. Abfall Service and Predrag Catic (Specialist for Legal Affairs at the Association of Serbian Banks
- “Expat on the Market” interviews with Ceyda Akbal Schwimann of Specht & Partner in Austria and Mark Harrison of Harrison Solicitors in Serbia
- CEE "Experts Review” analyses on TMT across CEE
Subscribers can access all these and more in the electronic version here. If you are not yet registered to access the CEE Legal Matters magazine, you can sign up here.
And non-subscribers can now access the following content from the June 2015 issue:
- Prominent International Disputes Lawyer Joins US IDR Team Of Squire Patton Boggs
- Breaking Patterns: Interview with Ion Dragne, Newly Elected Dean of The Bucharest Bar
- Czeching the Legal Market: Leading Czech Lawyers Discuss Client Service, Strategy, and Changes
- The Ace In The Hole: Ronald Given is Wolf Theiss’s Secret Weapon
- Guest Editorial by Aku Sorainen: A Quarter Century of Baltic Legal Market
- CEE Writ Small & Reshuffling the Deck as part of our Market Spotlight section
- Market Snapshots covering competition, life sciences, data privacy, energy, and tax in the Baltics
- Inside Insight Interviews with Jurate Kuzborska-Girce (Head of Legal – Baltic States at Phillip Morris), Priit Lepasepp (General Counsel at Nelja Energia), and Ilze Slakota (General Counsel at UralChem, Latvia)
- “Expat on the Market” interview with Matthias Strohmayer of Varul in Latvia
- CEE "Experts Review” analyses on Life Sciences across CEE jurisdictions