We are excited to announce that the February issue of the CEE Legal Matters Magazine (the 1st issue of our 2016 publishing cycle and our largest to date) is now out and available to subscribers.
Highlights from the 100-pages issue, which is available to subscribers here in electronic format, you will find:
- The Summary of Deals
- Guest Editorial by Simon Cox: "Churchill to Ceaucescu and Beyond"
- The Buzz
- Article: "Building Blocks of CEE: Altheimer & Gray Partners Reflect on the Creation of the First Pan-CEE Law Firm"
- Interview: "A Refreshing Feel: New Counsels at Debevoise & Plimpton Share an Optimistic Outlook on The Russian Market"
- Report: "A Drive Through The Automotive Sector in CEE"
- On the Move: "K&L Gates Moves On From Moscow", "Former Head of Dispute Resolution at Wolf Theiss Takes Team to Launch New Firm", and More
- Market Spotlight Guest Editorials from Borislav Boyanov of Boyanov & Co. and Jaroslav Ruzicka of Ruzicka Csekes in association with members of CMS
- Round Table: Outlook for the Bulgarian Legal Market: A Resigned but Resilient Hope
- Inside Out Reports: "Telekom Austria Group Acquires Blizoo Cable Operator" and "EPH Acquires Stake in Slovenske Elektrarne"
- Article: "Frustration Leads to Creation of a New Arbitration Court in Sofia"
- Article: "Slovakia: A Tightly Wound Legal Market"
- Interviews with Alexander Litvinov (Former Head of Legal at the Kira Plastinina Group), Vladislav Nikolov (General Counsel at Overgas), and Libor Licka (Regional Legal Counsel ASE / Regional Compliance Officer Europe East, Baltics & Scandinavia at Schindler)
- “Expat on the Market” interviews with Richard Clegg of Wolf Theiss in Sofia and Marcell Clark of Dentons in Bratislava
- CEE "Experts Review” analyses on Bankruptcy/Insolvency
And non-subscribers can now access the Special Year End Issue, which includes a transcript of the exclusive End of Year Summit and Round Table — an exclusive gathering of elite business lawyers from across the region, the 2015 Year in Deals table — summarizing the client work executed by law firms across CEE in 2015, and essays from CEE experts looking back at 2015 in Central and Eastern European legal markets, and a preview of 2016:
- Some of the Gloss May Be Gone, But Turkey Still Shines by Dan Matthews, Partner, Baker & McKenzie Istanbul
- W&I Insurance: Enriching an M&A Lawyer’s Toolbox by Helen Rodwell, Managing Partner, CMS Prague
- Post-Crisis Management Lessons for Law Firms: The CEE Case by Panagiotis Drakopoulos, Managing Partner, Drakopoulos
- Karanovic & Nikolic Celebrates 20 Years with a Great Result in 2015 by Patricia Gannon, Senior Partner, Karanovic & Nikolic
- Sunny Adriatic Legal Market by Uros Ilic, Managing Partner, ODI Law Firm
- The Wolf Theiss Story: 2015 and Beyond by Ron Given, Co-Managing Partner, Wolf Theiss Poland
- Deal 5: Klemen Bostjancic on Elektroservisi restructuring with BAMC/DUTB and Banka Sparkassa
- Magnusson Expands Polish Energy Practice with New Team
- Dentons and Wolf Theiss Advise on Sale of Scitec Nutrition by Enterprise Investors to Ascendis Health
- The Buzz in Russia: Interview with Leonid Zubarev of CMS
- Gecic and DLA Secure EC Green Light for Air Serbia