Experts from top tier local and international firms gathered on July 26 at the DLA Piper office in Kyiv to discuss the current state of the Ukrainian legal landscape.
The event, organized in preparation for the August 2016 issue of the CEE Legal Matters magazine and moderated by CEELM Managing Editor Radu Cotarcea, was attended by an elite selection of Ukrainian senior and Managing Partners from local and international firms, including:
- Natalia Kochergina (DLA Piper) — Hosts
- Anna Babych (Aequo)
- Armen Khachaturyan (Asters)
- Mykola Stetsenko (Avellum)
- Sergiy Piontkovsky (Baker & McKenzie)
- Olexander Martinenko (CMS Cameron McKenna)
- Olexiy Soshenko (Redcliffe Partners)
- Nazar Chernyavsky (Sayenko Kharenko)
Natalia Kochergina, Partner at DLA Piper, said: "It was valuable to attend such a meeting with some of the country’s leading lawyers. We had a very lively discussion and this roundtable gave everyone the opportunity to share their insights, recommendations, and concerns on how to address the challenges that impact the legal market in Ukraine. We had a pretty good mix of representatives from local and international law firms, and that allowed to exchange views from different angles. Although less saturated and established, the Ukrainian legal market remains one of the most promising and interesting in the region, and I am sure that growing competition will be beneficial for both — the market players and the clients themselves. We are grateful to CEE Legal Matters for providing a platform for an open dialogue and organizing the event."
A full summary of the conversation will be published in the August 2016 issue of the CEE Legal Matters magazine. If you’d like to subscribe to receive a copy of the magazine you can register for a subscription here.
- Clemens Barenthaler Joins Real Estate Practice at Taylor Wessing in Austria
- Sayenko Kharenko Advises Shipping Company on Succesful Challenge of Special Sanctions in Ukraine
- The Buzz in Russia: Interview with Leonid Zubarev of CMS
- Gecic and DLA Secure EC Green Light for Air Serbia
- Eversheds Ots & Co Advises on Sale of Friendly Finance Shares to Tirona Limited