Arzinger has acted as Ukrainian counsel to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in connection with a EUR 20 million equity investment to finance the expansion plans of the Soufflet Group, which plans to use the funds to extend its network of grain storage and seed production facilities in Ukraine, Poland and Romania.
It will consolidate all its existing and future silo and seed plant business in those countries in a new company called International Grains Silos, in which the EBRD will take a stake of no more than 35 per cent.
The France-based Soufflet Group is one of the leading private operators in the grain chain both in Europe and worldwide. Its strategy in the EBRD region is to develop an integrated supply chain, involving the collection of agricultural commodities from farmers, primary processing at silos and production facilities and also sales on the export markets or to ultimate users.
Arzinger’s team working on the project is led by Partner Oleksander Plotnikov, the Head of the firm’s Banking and Finance Practice.
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Aequo Counsels EBRD on Loan to Astarta Group
- Bezen & Partners Advises EBRD in Subscription for Bond Issuance in YDA Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret
- Paksoy Advises EBRD and IFC on Acquisition of Stake in Turkish Renewable Asset Portfolio