Sorainen Belarus has advised Russian Railways in connection with the creation of the United Transport & Logistics Company (UTLC), which is completed together with the national railway companies of Belarus and Kazakhstan for the transport of containerized cargo within the Common Economic Space, including transit between Europe and Asia.
According to a statement released by Sorainen, “formation of UTLC is one of the largest projects in the emerging Eurasian Union of Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus. UTLC is to invest over USD 6 billion in rolling stock, containers, terminals, and IT infrastructure by 2020. This will allow the total cargo turnover of the joint venture to reach 4 million twenty-foot equivalent units by that year.”
The Sorainen team advised Russian Railways on Belarus law-related issues relating to the UTLC corporate structure and arrangements between shareholders, regulatory aspects affecting Belarusian Railways’ participation in the project, and other regulations relevant to the project. The team was led by Partner Maksim Salahub.
Image source: bellena / Shutterstock.com
- Cobalt and Sorainen Advise on Nordea-DNB Combination in the Baltics
- The Buzz in Belarus: Interview with Kiryl Apanasevich of Sorainen
- Sorainen Advises DT Group Finland on Divestment of Puukeskus Shares
- Sorainen, Allen & Overy, and Fenwick & West Advise on Acquisition of Playtika by Chinese Consortium
- Sorainen Provides Pro Bono Advice to Bauskas Dzive