Weber & Co., Binder Grosswang, White & Case, Eversheds, and Baker Botts have advised on the sale of the MeadWestvaco Group's European-based tobacco-folding carton and general packaging business to AR Packaging Group.
According to a Weber & Co. press release, “the relevant business includes manufacturing facilities for folding cartons, tobacco products and general packaging in Austria (Graz), Russia (Moscow) and Poland (Krakow) as well as assets in the Czech Republic (Svitavy). The purchase agreement was signed in mid-January 2015. The parties agreed to keep the purchase price confidential. Closing of the transaction is intended to take place in the first half of 2015."
AR Packaging Group, established in 2011, with its corporate seat in Lund, Sweden, is one of Europe's leading companies in the special packaging sector, including in particular paperboard cartons, flexible packaging, and trays. MeadWestvaco Group is a global acting player in the field of packaging for solutions in particular in the fields of healthcare, beauty and personal care, food and beverage, electronics, and tobacco.
Weber & Co. Partners Stefan Weber, Katharina Kitzburger, and Christoph Moser advised the purchaser AR Packaging, with White & Case advised the company on Russian, Polish, and Czech law. W&C also is in charge of ongoing merger-control proceedings.
Binder Grosswang Partners Michael Kutschera and Gottfried Gassner and Attorneys Martin Frenzel and Christine Dietz advised the seller MeadWestvaco. Eversheds advised the company on labor law matters, and Baker Botts advised it on antitrust law.
- Linklaters, White & Case, Slaughter & May and GSI Advise on beIN Acquisition of Digiturk
- Eversheds Advises Scorpio Group on Acquisition of Majority Stake in SIA Astor Shipmanagement
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- Eversheds Ots & Co Advises on Sale of Friendly Finance Shares to Tirona Limited
- Dentons, White & Case, and Clifford Chance Advise on Mezzanine Capital Loans to Medicon Group and Nolloth