CHSH’s ongoing pro bono relationship with DisAbility Performance Social Enterprise (DPSE) took the form most recently of assisting the Viennese business consultancy that advises companies on social issues and helps them use the potential of people with disabilities, both as customers and employees, on obtaining financing in the form of profit-sharing capital from BonVenture Fonds, Munich. CHSH described the investment as "an important step toward strengthening the social business sector in Austria, which compared to the rest of Europe still has considerable growth potential."
According to CHSH, DPSE's social mission is "to harness the power of our economy to help create a barrier-free society.” Co-Founder Gregor Demblin, who is himself disabled, explains that:"All modern studies agree that 15% of the population are directly affected by disability. A huge target group, whose potential has not yet been discovered by the majority of companies."
CHSH Senior Partner Benedikt Spiegelfeld commented on his firm’s assistance to DPSE: "CHSH regularly offers pro bono services for important social projects and good causes such as this. Aside from the intellectual challenge of capital financing where the provider shares in the profits of the business, there is also the satisfaction from having collaborated on a project that makes a great deal of sense in social terms and having helped young, courageous and idealistic entrepreneurs implement a visionary idea."
The CHSH team consisted of Senior Partner Benedikt Spiegelfeld, Partner Heinrich Foglar-Deinhardstein, and Associates Jakob Hartig and Karl Dreihann-Holenia.
- Clemens Barenthaler Joins Real Estate Practice at Taylor Wessing in Austria
- CHSH and Oppenheim Advise on Air Liquide Sale of Hungarian Subsidiary to Messer Group
- CHSH, Gowlings WLG, and Taylor Wessing Advise on Convergys Acquisition of BUW
- Schoenherr, Gleiss Lutz, and Hengeler Mueller Advise on SEB Acquisition of WMF Group
- Schoenherr, Clifford Chance, and CHSH Advise on Immofinanz Acquisition of 26% Participation in CA Immo