Buzescu CA has obtained another victory on behalf of low cost airline Wizz Air in Romania in a case in which Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii and Vilau Associates were also involved.
The firm secured the dismissal of a claim of Carpatair in the Romanian Court of Appeals. Cairpatair was seeking a total of EUR 10.5 million in a case against Timisoara Airport for damages it claimed to have suffered from alleged state aid granted to Wizz Air in the form of discounts of airport charges. Wizz Air intervened in the case because it had a vested interest in the claim.
Lat year, Wizz Air sued the Timisoara Airport in order to recover certain marketing fees due under a Marketing Agreement between them. The Cluj Tribunal admitted the claim of Wizz Air but the airport and Carpatair, as an intervenient in support of Timisoara Airport, appealed the decision before the Cluj Court of Appeals, and the High Court with both appeals being dismissed.
As was the case in last year’s appeals, Carpatair was represented by Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii, and the Timisoara Airport by Vilau Associates (former Vilau & Mitel at the time).
Image source: wizzair.com
- TZA and Leaua & Asociatii Advise on Direct One Takeover of Netcity from UTI Group
- TZA, Dentons, and Dinulescu & Maxim Advise on APS Holdings’ Acquisitions of Massive NPL Portfolios
- RTPR Allen & Overy, Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii, and Gabriela Predescu Advise on Axxess Capital’s Investment into Elefant Online
- Buzescu Ca Advises Danfoss on Acquisition of Sondex Subsidiaries in Romania
- Buzescu Ca Successful for Statkraft Markets on Appeal