Bondoc & Asociatii has secured a victory for Europharm Holding before the High Court of Cassation and Justice of Romania.
The case concerned the annulment of a notification for payment of a claw-back tax imposed by the National Health Insurance House (NHIH) on Europharm Holding. The value of the claw-back tax within the notification amounted to more than EUR 10 million.
According to Bondoc & Asociatii, this represents one of a large number of administrative disputes that the firm is appearing on against the NHIH on the claw-back tax, and it expects decisions on these matters to represent "critical precedents for subsequent fiscal revaluations of tax payments by pharmaceutical companies in Romania.”
The Bondoc & Asociatii team representing Europharm on the matter consisted of Managing Partner Lucian Bondoc, Partner Viorel Dinu, and Managing Associate Ioana Katona.
- Bondoc si Asociatii Advises Mid Europa on Acquisition of Full Control Over Waberers
- Bondoc & Asociatii Advises Fondul Proprietatea on E.ON Shareholding Disposal
- Bondoc & Asociatii Advises Valad Europe on Acquisition of CEIF from Aviva Investors
- Bondoc & Asociatii and Tumbar Cega & Popa Advise on Another CMU Acquisition in Romania
- Bondoc & Asociatii Assists eMAG on PC Garage Acquisition