Sorainen has been chosen by a consortium consisting of Ramboll and CORIT Advisory to perform a study in the Baltic States on behalf of the European Commission on Aggressive Tax Planning.
This task is part of an EU-wide study by the European Commission aimed at analyzing the existing tax laws and identifying the potential aggressive tax-planning opportunities in the EU, with the aim of combatting tax evasion, tax fraud, and aggressive tax planning.
According to a Sorainen press release, “the Ministries of Finance in each of the Baltic States had an opportunity to review and comment on Sorainen's work, and identified no material comments to be added.”
The Pan-Baltic Sorainen team was led by Latvian Partner Janis Taukacs and included Latvian Senior Associates Aija Lasmane, Estonian Senior Associate Tanel Molok, and Lithuanian Senior Associate Saule Dagilyte.
- Cobalt and Sorainen Advise on Nordea-DNB Combination in the Baltics
- The Buzz in Belarus: Interview with Kiryl Apanasevich of Sorainen
- Sorainen Advises DT Group Finland on Divestment of Puukeskus Shares
- Sorainen, Allen & Overy, and Fenwick & West Advise on Acquisition of Playtika by Chinese Consortium
- Sorainen Provides Pro Bono Advice to Bauskas Dzive