Gerald Ruhri of Brandl & Talos has secured an acquittal on behalf of his client, a board member of Kommunalkredit, following six years of criminal proceedings.
According to Brandl & Talos, “the Public Prosecutor's Office for Corruption Cases had initiated proceedings against four persons accused of breach of trust and accounting fraud, each in several cases. The legal defense under the decisive participation of [Brandl & Talos attorney] Gerald Ruhri successfully indicated that in light of the financial crisis the actions of the bank's board were not to be criticized under criminal law."
The firm also describes the Court’s decision to exclude expert witness Dr. Altenberger from the proceedings due to a conflict of interest, in light of his "very close collaboration ... with the prosecution authority in the course of the investigation” as "essential for the outcome of the case."
Following Altenberger’s exclusion, two new expert witnesses were appointed, and “in all points decisive for the proceedings these expert witnesses presented results favourable for all accused persons.”
The acquittal is not final.
- Wolf Theiss and Brandl & Talos Advise on Sportradar Acquisition of Core Business of Sportsman Media Group
- Brandl & Talos Launches BTP Nahrboden Start-up Support Program
- Brandl & Talos Advises on Revitalization and Reorganization of Vienna Shopping Center
- Brandl & Talos Advises Sportradar on Investment by Revolution Growth, Mark Cuban, and Michael Jordan
- Wolf Theiss Advises on Regulatory and Merger Control Elements of FIMBAG Sale of Kommunalkredit