Filip Melzer, Petr Tegl, and Milan Hulmak, three Of Counsels from Havel, Holasek & Partners, were appointed by the Slovak Minister of Justice, Tomas Borec, to the country’s Committee for the Recodification of Private Law. As part of the Committee, they will assist in preparing the new Slovakian Civil Code.
“I am very pleased that our legal experts are sought-after legislators not only at home, but also abroad,” said Havel, Holasek & Partners Managing Partner Jaroslav Havel. "Similar to the Czech Republic, Slovakia must deal with its socialist legislative past. We are confident that our leading private-law experts will help Slovakia prepare a quality and modern civil code.”
Melzer, Tegl, and Hulmak are co-legislators of the new Czech Civil Code and authors of the large commentary to the code. All members of the team are members of faculties of law at universities in the Czech Republic and lecturers at the Czech Judicial Academy for educating judges.
- Kinstellar Advises Shareholders of Quinta-Analytica on Acquisition by Genesis Private Equity Fund
- Schoenherr and Havel, Holasek & Partners Advise on Payment Card Alliance Between EVO Payments and Raiffeisenbank
- Kvicala Moves from Havel Holasek to Genesis Private Equity Funds
- KSB Advises Tiger Global Management on Re-Acquisition of Shares by Seznam.cz
- Private Client Boutique Spins Off in Czech Republic