Ukraine's Ilyashev & Partners Law Firm announced that it is advising the Czech Development Agency on tax matters related to its construction of premises for educational institutions evacuated from the zone of armed conflict in the east of Ukraine.
According to a statement released by the firm, “although the Czech Development Agency does not have a permanent representative office in Ukraine, in 2014 the Czech government allocated the additional budget to the agency for humanitarian projects for the period 2014-2016 in connection with the armed conflict in the east of Ukraine.” The firm continued: "In addition to the activities aimed at systemic reform of the Ukrainian education system, the agency provides financial support to the educational institutions evacuated from the east of Ukraine. The estimated budget for the project is CZK 21.5 million."
Ilyashev & Partners cites the Ukrainian Ministry of Education and Science as reporting that 17 Ukrainian universities were evacuated from the zone of armed conflict, and that “most equipment of the institutions remained in the same places and was lost."
Image Source: A_Lesik / Shutterstock.com
- Ilyashev & Partners Claims Success for Antonov in Russian Dispute
- Ilyashev & Partners Advises Ukroboronprom During Establishment of Ukrainian Aircraft Corporation
- Ilyashev & Partners Initiates First European Court of Human Rights Case on Forfeiture of Assets in Crimea
- Ilyashev & Partners Successful in ICAC Arbitration for BTA Bank
- Ilyashev & Partners Works Pro Bono for Mother of Missing Ukrainian Soldier