Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners (EPAM) has persuaded the Rostov Region Arbitrazh Court to overturn a decision holding Yakhta-club Center LLC administratively liable for alleged customs violations.
According to EPAM, in July 2015, administrative proceedings were initiated against Yakhta-club Center LLC involving an alleged violation of customs rules when importing goods to the Russian Federation. Russian customs authorities imposed a fine of over RUB 78 million on the company.
EPAM successfully demonstrated that the actions of the customs authority were based on an incorrect interpretation of applicable legislation.
“This is a key project within the customs-related activity of our white collar crime practice,” said EPAM Partner Victoria Burkovskaya, who led the firm’s team on the matter. “Our client was charged for customs liability, then administrative liability and further held criminally liable for the actions of its employees. The most important factor contributing to success in this project was following the proper procedure for appealing decisions and, of course, our firm’s ability to implement a comprehensive protection of the client’s interests in relation to the customs, administrative, and criminal responsibility. A victory in one instance served as the basis for victory in the next.”
Burkovskaya and supported by Senior Associate Andrey Bastrakov on the matter.
- EPAM Obtains Approval by FAS for Valspar Acquisition by Sherwin-Williams
- EPAM Represents Yandex in Russian Court of Appeal
- EPAM Represents P&G Before Russian Regulators in Clearing Sale With Coty
- EPAP Ukraine Successful for Ukrainian Producers of Ferroalloys in EEC Countervailing Investigation
- New Partners and Heads of Practice at CMS in Poland