Sorainen's Belarus office has advised Facebook, Inc. on its acquisition of Masquerade Technologies, Inc., a Belarus-based developer of the popular face-swapping app MSQRD, recently ranked as top mobile application in App Store across more than 60 countries of the world. Primary adviser to Facebook was Fenwick & West LLP.
Sorainen provided limited due diligence of the target and advised on local aspects of the transaction. The firm’s team consisted of Partners Kiryl Apanasevich and Maksim Salahub and IP Associate Nadezhda Fomenok, among others.
Although Sorainen said it was unable to identify the sellers or their counsel on the deal, the founders of Masquerade Technologies were Eugene Nevgen, Sergey Gonchar, and Eugene Zatepyakin, and both Gagarin Capital and Yuri Gurski were reported to have invested in the start-up.
Editor’s Note: On April 6, 2016, Revera informed CEE Legal Matters that it had advised MSQRD on the deal. The firm's team consisted of Head of Corporate Practice Helen Mourashko, Head of IT Sub-practice Ulyana Karpekina, and Managing Partner Dmitry Arkhipenko.
- Deal 5: Lawyer at Credit Bureau Creditinfo Anatolijus Kisielis on the Use of Facebook Data Case
- Cobalt and Sorainen Advise on Nordea-DNB Combination in the Baltics
- The Buzz in Belarus: Interview with Kiryl Apanasevich of Sorainen
- Sorainen Advises DT Group Finland on Divestment of Puukeskus Shares
- Sorainen, Allen & Overy, and Fenwick & West Advise on Acquisition of Playtika by Chinese Consortium