Noerr has advised Japan’s Nidec Corporation on its acquisition of approximately 94.8% of the shares of Romania’s ANA IMEP S.A. (“IMEP”), a company that develops, manufactures, and sells washing machine and drying machine motors. Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii advised the seller on the deal.
Noerr advised Nidec — which it describes as "the world’s No. 1 manufacturer of small precision motors” — on its entrance into a share purchase and transfer agreement with the major shareholder of IMEP. Through the transaction, Noerr reports, "the Japanese company expects to enhance the competitiveness of its appliance motor business in the European market and obtain IMEP’s major customers.”
"It has been both an honour and a professional pleasure to assist such a prestigious corporation in expanding its footprint on the Romanian market," said Noerr Associated Partner Mihai Macelaru, who coordinated the firm's team on the deal, about working with Nidec. Macelaru was supported by Noerr Senior Associate Cristina Stamboli, Associated Partner Roxana Dudau, and Senior Associate Luiza Bedros. Noerr worked with Italy’s La Torre Morgese Cesaro Rio firm on the deal.
The Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii team was led by Partner Dan Borbely, supported by Managing Associate Razvan Mircea.
- TZA and Leaua & Asociatii Advise on Direct One Takeover of Netcity from UTI Group
- TZA, Dentons, and Dinulescu & Maxim Advise on APS Holdings’ Acquisitions of Massive NPL Portfolios
- RTPR Allen & Overy, Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii, and Gabriela Predescu Advise on Axxess Capital’s Investment into Elefant Online
- Noerr Advises Axcel on Multiple Acquisitions in the Meat-Processing Industry
- Noerr Advises SAF-Holland on Takeover Bid for Haldex