Kinstellar has worked alongside global counsel Ropes & Gray in advising Baring Private Equity Asia on Bulgarian and Romanian elements of Baring’s acquisition of a 35 percent stake in TELUS International.
The agreement values TELUS International at approximately USD 1 billion, with TELUS shareholders retaining a 65 percent interest in the business. The transaction involved more than 10 jurisdictions across North and Central America, Europe, and Asia.
TELUS International is a global provider of business process outsourcing, IT outsourcing, and contact center outsourcing solutions with more than 22,000 employees in Canada, the United States, Europe, Central America, and Asia.
Baring Private Equity Asia is one of the largest alternative asset management firms in Asia and advises funds that manage over USD 9 billion in assets. Baring Asia currently has over 30 portfolio companies across Asia with a total of 120,000 employees and sales of approximately USD 31 billion in 2015.
The Kinstellar team included, among others, Partner Diana Dimova and Managing Associate Nina Tsifudina in Bulgaria and Partner Razvan Popa and Managing Associate Zsuzsa Csiki in Romania. Sofia-based Counsel Dessislava Fessenko advised on competition law aspects.
Kinstellar reported that the identity of counsel for TELUS International was, at this point, confidential.
Image Source: fibre.telus.com
- Kinstellar Provides Local CEE Advice to Arkema on Acquisition of Den Braven
- Z/C/H Legal Advises CEM VISION on Acquisition of CEMOD-CZ from 3SI Group
- Lakatos Koves & Partners Takes Team from Kinstellar and Promotes Solyom to Partner
- Creative Solutions in a Critical Cause: Women in Law Firms
- Kinstellar Advises Shareholders of Quinta-Analytica on Acquisition by Genesis Private Equity Fund