Primus has successfully represented the Lithuanian Football Federation (LFF) in an arbitration before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
A football club and its players had appealed several decisions of the LFF’s disciplinary bodies to impose sanctions on football club and its players due to match-fixing related infringements. The CAS dismissed the appeal and upheld the LFF’s sanctions.
According to Primus, “this CAS award shall have a big impact on the fight against match-fixing in the future: from now on the federations will have more flexibility to govern different types of match fixing violations and the disciplinary bodies of federations will be able to investigate potential match fixing violations while assessing experts’ conclusions based on analysis of particular match videos."
The Primus team consisted of lawyers Marius Devyzis and Martynas Kalvelis.
- Aivar Pilv Announces New Pan-Baltic Alliance
- Primus Represents FC Trakai and Lithuanian National Football Team Goalkeeper on Transfers
- Primus and Raidla Ellex Advise on Sale of Hilton Tallinn Park Hotel
- Primus Advises LPKS LATRAPS on Increase in Shareholding in Latvian Dairy Producer
- Primus Successful for Latvijas Pasts in Court