White & Case has advised CJSC Sberbank CIB as agent to the Russian Federation, and Sberbank CIB and VTB Capital as joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners, on the USD 812 million privatization of the Russian Federation’s 10.9 percent stake in the charter capital of PJSC ALROSA, the world’s leading diamond mining company. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton advised PJSC ALROSA on the deal.
The deal is Russia’s largest privatization since the 2013 IPO of PJSC ALROSA, on which White & Case advised the agent and the underwriters. It was conducted by way of a Rule 144A/Regulation S equity offering of ordinary shares in PJSC ALROSA, which is listed on the Moscow Exchange.
The White & Case team advising on the transaction was led by Partner Darina Lozovsky and Moscow Local Partner Dmitry Lapshin and included Partner Inigo Esteve and Associates Amulang Povaeva and Yulia Petelina.
- Linklaters, White & Case, Slaughter & May and GSI Advise on beIN Acquisition of Digiturk
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- Dentons, White & Case, and Clifford Chance Advise on Mezzanine Capital Loans to Medicon Group and Nolloth
- Jennifer Foss Moves from Dentons to BADOKH
- Goltsblat BLP Boosts Asia Practice with Appointment of Partner Sergey Milanov