Tark Grunte Sutkiene has successfully represented SIA Enefit, the subsidiary of the Estonian electricity producer Eesti Energia in Latvia, in a public procurement dispute before the Procurement Monitoring Bureau with VAS Latvijas Dzelzcels over the process that led to an electric supply agreement with AS Latvernergo worth EUR 12 million.
SIA Enefit claimed that VAS Latvijas Dzelzcel had failed to act transparently in the procurement process, had improperly restricted competition during negotiations, and had failed to carry out any negotiations with suppliers within the meaning of the public procurement regulations.
According to Tark Grunte Sutkiene, “the Procurement Monitoring Bureau recognized that the application on the results of the negotiated procedure of VAS Latvijas Dzelzcels submitted by SIA Enefit was well founded, the violations committed by VAS Latvijas Szelzcels were substantial and could have had impact on the decision of the results in the negotiated procedure …. Accordingly, the Procurement Monitoring Bureau precluded VAS Latvijas Dzelzcels from concluding the agreement with AS Latvenergo and imposed an obligation to eliminate the violations found during the negotiations and to repeat its evaluation of the offers submitted in the negotiated procedure."
The Tark Grunte Sutkiene team representing SIA Enefit before the Procurement Monitoring Bureau consisted of Partner Linda Strause and Associate Mara Stabulniece
- Aivar Pilv Announces New Pan-Baltic Alliance
- Tark Grunte Sutkiene Successful for Amenda Markets in Latvian Application to Provide Investment Services
- Tark Grunte Sutkiene Assists Norvik Banka Register Open Alternative Investment Fund
- Tark Grunte Sutkiene Advises AB INVL Technology on Transformation Into Special Closed-Ended Investment Company
- The Latvian Real Estate Market – Legal Challenges and Perspectives