Binder Groesswang has advised Volksbank Oberes Waldviertel and Volksbank Niederosterreich in connection with the merger of the banking operations of the two banks. Volksbank Oberes Waldviertel (with a balance sheet total of the transferred banking operations of approximately EUR 166 million) transferred its business by way of contribution to Volksbank Niederosterreich. The transaction was completed on August 2, 2016.
The merger is part of the strategic restructuring of the Austrian Volksbank sector: By 2017, the more than 40 previously existing Volksbank institutions (balance sheet total of approximately EUR 30 billion) will be merged into eight regional Volksbank institutions and two specialized banks.
Binder Groesswang advised, in particular, on the corporate structuring and implementation, on banking supervisory related issues, and on competition law, and represented the banks in proceedings before authorities (i.e., the Companies’ Register, Financial Market Authority, European Central Bank, and Federal Competition Authority).
The firm's core team was led by Senior Partner Michael Binder and Partner Gottfried Gassner and included Attorneys at Law Claudia Fochtmann and Stefan Frank. The team also included Partner Christian Wimpissinger, Counsel Isabelle Innerhofer, and Associates Mona Holzgruber, Felix Kirkovits, Kerstin Pokorny, Stefanie Ziegler, and Barbara Gangl.
- Binder Groesswang Advises Volksbanken-Verbund on Sale of Start:Bausparkasse and IMMO-Bank to BAWAG
- Binder Groesswang and Wilkie Farr Advise Ardian on Acquisition of Gantner Holding
- A&O and Binder Groesswang Advise on Bilfinger Sale of MCE Group to Habau
- Binder Groesswang, Lakatos, Koves & Partners, and Freshfields Advise on Sale of Hotel Imperial in Vienna
- Binder Groesswang Advises on Merger of CPB Software and Bavaria Banken Software