Citing "the principles of a democratic society and media independence," Sorainen is providing pro bono legal assistance to the newspaper Bauskas Dzive (BDz) in its fight with the Iecava Regional Council over its publishing of articles and advertising in the municipal newspaper Iecavas Zinas.
According to Sorainen, "BDz has asked the Council to stop publishing these items in the municipal newspaper, but the Council has so far avoided responding to BDz’s basic request. However, the Administrative District Court has imposed an obligation on the Council to respond to BDz’s application by August 15, 2016."
The Sorainen team consists of Partner Agris Repss, Senior Associate Andris Taurins, and Associate Jorens Jaunozols.
- Cobalt and Sorainen Advise on Nordea-DNB Combination in the Baltics
- The Buzz in Belarus: Interview with Kiryl Apanasevich of Sorainen
- Sorainen Advises DT Group Finland on Divestment of Puukeskus Shares
- Sorainen, Allen & Overy, and Fenwick & West Advise on Acquisition of Playtika by Chinese Consortium
- Sorainen Advises on Belarusian Aspects of American Nuance Communications Acquisitions of TouchCommerce