Sorainen Belarus has advised a Chinese consortium including online game developer and operator Shanghai Giant Network Technology Co Ltd. on Belarusian aspects of its acquisition of Playtika. Primary advisers to the buyer were Allen & Overy and Fenwick & West.
Sorainen describes Playtika as "the social and mobile games company based in Herzliya, Israel, owned by Caesars Interactive Entertainment, with a strong development team located in Minsk, Belarus."
The Sorainen team, which included Partner Maksim Salahub and Associates Viktoryia Mikhnevich and Nadezhda Fomenok, conducted a limited due diligence of Playtika operations in Belarus, commented on the set of transaction documents from a Belarusian law perspective, and advised on intellectual property protection and employment issues.
- Allen & Overy Advises Poland on Issuance of First European Sovereign Panda Bond
- Cobalt and Sorainen Advise on Nordea-DNB Combination in the Baltics
- The Buzz in Belarus: Interview with Kiryl Apanasevich of Sorainen
- Sorainen Advises DT Group Finland on Divestment of Puukeskus Shares
- Magnusson, Allen & Overy, and P+P Pollath Advise on Europoles Renewables Purchase of Majority Stake in Bilfinger Mars Offshore