Fort has advised Hansabuss on its acquisition of a majority shareholding in Tukuma Auto SIA — a Latvian provider of bus transport services — thereby increasing its share in the Latvian market for public bus transport and charter transport to approximately 10%.
According to Fort, Neeme Tammis, a management board member at Hansabuss AS, "said that this is a strategic decision which is made in anticipation of the opening of the Latvian public bus transport markets in 2020 and it allows the group to get to know the Latvian market and develop local competence."
The Fort team was led by Partner Janis Lokops in Latvia and Partner Kuldar-Jaan Torokoff in Estonia, supported by Latvian-based Senior Associates Roberts Prusis and Ieva Balcere.
Fort did not reply to our inquiry about counsel for the sellers on the deal.
- Deal 5: Lawyer at Credit Bureau Creditinfo Anatolijus Kisielis on the Use of Facebook Data Case
- FORT Persuades Lithuanian Supreme Administrative Court to Permit Use of Facebook Data for Assessments of Creditworthiness
- Fort and Makvarte/Lexchange Advise on EfTEN Real Estate Fund III Acquisition of DSV Logistic Centers in the Baltics
- Tark Grunte Sutkiene Merges with Varul in Estonia
- Fort and Sorainen Advise on Capital Mill Acquisition of Dobrovole Logistics Center in Vilnius