Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii has advised Direct One on its acquisition of the underground telecom infrastructure of Bucharest, called Netcity, from UTI Netcity Investment BV and UTI Grup SA for an undisclosed sum. Leaua & Asociatii advised UTI on the deal.
The operator of the underground telecom network in the Romanian capital is Netcity Telecom. The project company developed support infrastructure as part of a concession contract signed in 2008 with the Bucharest City Hall that will run for 49 years. The network currently has approximately 1000 km of optic fiber.
In 2015 Netcity registered a turnover of RON 40.4 million (EUR 9.1 million), with a net profit of RON 14.5 million. The company has 24 employees. In 2015, Direct One reported turnover of RON 42.4 million, with a net profit of RON 12.7 million. The company employs 21 people.
The TZA team advising Direct One was led by Partners Catalin Baiculescu and Vlad Cercel.
The Leaua & Asociatii team was led by Partner Gina Gheorghe and Of Counsel Alexandru Codescu.
- TZA, Dentons, and Dinulescu & Maxim Advise on APS Holdings’ Acquisitions of Massive NPL Portfolios
- RTPR Allen & Overy, Tuca Zbarcea & Asociatii, and Gabriela Predescu Advise on Axxess Capital’s Investment into Elefant Online
- Noerr and Tuca Advise on Nidec Acquisition of ANA IMEP
- Tuca Zbarcea and Schoenherr Advise on Ringier’s Aquisition of Imobiliare.ro
- Borza & Associatii, Schoenherr, and Tuca Zbarcea Involved in Disputes Between Hidroelectrica, Alpiq and Alro in Romania