Clifford Chance has advised a consortium consisting of the EBRD, Alior Bank, and Bank Ochrony Srodowiska on facilities granted to companies from the group of Fieldon Investments spolka z ograniczona odpowiedzialnoscia Wiatromill sp.k., a subsidiary of Israel's Energix group, for the financing and refinancing and operation of the Banie wind farm with a capacity of 106 MW. Baker & McKenzie advised Energix on the deal.
The transaction involved financing and refinancing for a wind farm project being implemented by Energix as sponsor. Facilities totalling PLN 552 million were granted by the banking consortium. When construction is completed, the farm will have a capacity of 106 MW, putting it among the largest projects of this type in Poland. According to Clifford Chance, “the transaction had a complicated structure owing to the large number of project risks and jurisdictions that impacted on the documentation."
The Clifford Chance team advising the banks on Polish, English, and Luxembourg law was led by Warsaw-based Counsel Rafal Zakrzewski, who heads that office’s English Desk. Also involved in the transaction were Warsaw-based Counsel Pawel Puacz, Senior Associate Dominik Kepinski and Associates Joanna Kuc and Joanna Pominkiewicz. Advice on Luxembourg law was provided by Senior Associate Constantina Iscru and Associate Veronika Kaszas from Clifford Chance's Luxembourg office.
The Energix group was advised by Partner Ireneusz Stolarski and Senior Associate Tomasz Kaczmarek from the Warsaw office of Baker McKenzie.
- Clifford Chance and Vostarek & Komeiserova Advise on Ceska Sporitelna Financing of Roth Industries’ Leveraged Buyout of Roltechnik
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Eversheds Ots & Co Advises on Sale of Friendly Finance Shares to Tirona Limited
- Dentons, White & Case, and Clifford Chance Advise on Mezzanine Capital Loans to Medicon Group and Nolloth