CMS has reported that, on May 18, 2016 the Regional Court in Warsaw dismissed the statement of claim of Wytwornia Sprzetu Komunikacyjnego “PZL-Swidnik” — the Polish subsidiary of Finmecanica Helicopters — against the Polish State Treasury in a case involving a tender for the supply of 70 multi-functional helicopters to the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland with a value of approximately EUR 3 billion. CMS represented Airbus Helicopters — the winner of the tender — and was supported on offset issues by lawyers from White & Case in Poland.
As originally reported on February 29, 2016, PZL Swidnik had demanded that the tender concerning utility helicopters for the Polish Armed Forces be closed without being resolved and without selecting any bid. As a result of the May 18 decision by the Warsaw Regional Court, that demand has been denied, and the result of the tender indicating the selection of the bid of Airbus Helicopters S.A.S. has been upheld. The judgment is not final and binding.
CMS's team representing Airbus Helicopters consisted of new CMS Poland Managing Partner Malgorzata Surdek, Advocates Adam Kempa and Adam Jodkowski Senior Associate Jacek Liput and Associate Agnieszka Starzynska.
The White and Case team consisted of Local Partner Maciej Zalewski and Associate Maciej Szymanski.
As reported in the February 29 article, Drzewiecki Tomaszek represented PZL Swidnik.
- Linklaters, White & Case, Slaughter & May and GSI Advise on beIN Acquisition of Digiturk
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- The Buzz in Russia: Interview with Leonid Zubarev of CMS
- Dentons, White & Case, and Clifford Chance Advise on Mezzanine Capital Loans to Medicon Group and Nolloth
- CMS Advises PKN Orlen on Investent in New Metathesis Unit