Lawyers from Noerr’s Warsaw and New York offices have advised Target Global on a multimillion-dollar investment in ZnanyLekarz sp. z o.o. via subscription for newly issued shares of the increased share capital of ZnanyLekarz sp. z o.o. by a Target Global affiliate. Chadbourne & Parke advised ZnanyLekarz.
Target Global is an international venture capital firm with over USD 300 million in assets under management, focusing primarily on fast-growing digitally-enabled companies.
Noerr describes ZnanyLekarz — known internationally as “DocPlanner” — as "one of the most successful Polish startups,” and says that it "runs an online medical appointment service and (also through its subsidiaries) operates in 25 countries." In previous rounds of financing the company has attracted such investors as the EBRD, Team Europe Ventures, and Point Nine.
The Noerr team advising Target Global consisted of New York-based Partner Sascha Leske and Warsaw-based Associate Partner Arkadiusz Ruminski, supported by Warsaw-based Associates Krzysztof Banaszek, Kamil Adamski, Katarzyna Ziolkowska, and Pawel Radek, and New York-based Associates Steve Zehden, and So-Ang Park.
Chadbourne & Parke did not reply to our inquiries on the matter.
Editor's Note: After this article was finished, Poland's Radzikowsi Szubielska Wspolnicy Sp.k., a part of the international legal network of Chadbourne & Parke, confirmed that it had advised ZnanyLekarz on the deal.
- Magnusson Expands Polish Energy Practice with New Team
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Aequo Counsels EBRD on Loan to Astarta Group
- Magnusson, Allen & Overy, and P+P Pollath Advise on Europoles Renewables Purchase of Majority Stake in Bilfinger Mars Offshore