Bierc Siwik & Partners is reporting success in its representation of Poland's PORR Polska Infrastructure in proceedings before Poland’s National Chamber of Appeals (KIO) against the Province Roads Authority Lodz in a dispute involving a public service contract for the expansion of provincial road no. 710 by constructing a bridge across the Warta river in the city of the same name.
According to the firm, “finding BS&P’s arguments persuasive, the National Chamber of Appeals ordered the restoration of the PORR’s offer to the tender proceedings [that had been] previously rejected as inconsistent with the specification of essential terms of contract and as an act of unfair competition within the meaning of the provisions concerning the combating of unfair competition."
As a result of the appeal, the KIO – in its ruling of August 3, 2016 – confirmed the charges filed by Bierc Siwik & Partners and ordered the Province Roads Authority Lodz to re-evaluate the bids and prepare a new offer validation.
PORR Polska Infrastructure was represented in the KIO appeal proceedings by BS&P Managing Partner Robert Siwik, who heads the firm’s public procurements team.
- BS&P Successful for Saferoad Group Before National Chamber of Appeals
- Bierc Siwik & Partners Successful for PW ETA in Public Tender for Maintenance Services
- BS&P Successful for POLMED Before Polish National Chamber of Appeals
- BS&P Again Successful for Polish Association of Construction Industry Employers in Polish National Court of Appeal
- Bierc Siwik & Partners Successful for Polish Association of Construction Industry Employers in Public Procurement Dispute