Zivkovic Samardzic has announced that it has supported South Central Ventures (SCV) with a EUR 700,000 investment in City Expert, a Belgrade-based startup that, according to the firm, “has gained traction rapidly with its innovations and use of technologies in real estate sale and rental sector."
SCV manages the Enterprise Innovation Fund (ENIF), a venture capital fund focusing on highly specialised, innovative, small and medium-sized enterprises in the Western Balkans. Investors in the ENIF include the European Commission, the European Investment Fund, the EBRD, Kreditanstalt fur Wiederaufbau, together with institutional and private investors from the Western Balkans. The EUR 40 million fund is dedicated primarily to early stage and growth investments and is intended to fuel international business expansion and growth.
This is the second investment Zivkovic Samardzic has advised on SCV recently, following its March 2016 investment in dryTools (as reported by CEE Legal Matters on March 16, 2016),
The Zivkovic Samardzic team that advised SCV on its investment in City Expert included Partners Branislav Zivkovic and Slobodan Kremenjak, Senior Associate Igor Zivkovski, and Associate Ana Popovic.
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Gecic and DLA Secure EC Green Light for Air Serbia
- Aequo Counsels EBRD on Loan to Astarta Group
- Zivkovic Samardzic Obtains Competition Clearances for Petrol d.d. Ljubljana in Serbia, Montenegro, and Macedonia