Paksoy has announced that it advised the EBRD on a USD 100 million facility agreement with with Turk Telekomikasyon A.S. ("Turk Telekom"), Turkey's leading telecom company, as Turk Telekom prepares to roll out high-speed advanced 4.5G mobile services. Reed Smith acted as counsel to the EBRD on English law aspects of the deal.
Turk Telekom has recently been awarded a 4.5G spectrum license and the EBRD's loan will finance capital expenditures for mobile broadband network expansion.
The Paksoy team was led by Partner Sera Somay and Senior Associate Ozlem Barut, with assistance from Associate Soner Dagli.
Paksoy did not reply to inquiries about counsel for Turk Telecom on the deal.
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Aequo Counsels EBRD on Loan to Astarta Group
- Baker & McKenzie and Paksoy Advise on Second Burgan Bank Syndicated Loan
- Bezen & Partners Advises EBRD in Subscription for Bond Issuance in YDA Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret