The Esin Attorney Partnership has advised the shareholders of the Planet Platform and TV group on the sale of a majority stake of the issued share capital of Planet TV ve Uydu Platform Isletmeciligi A.S. (“Planet TV”), the Turkish broadcast platform company, to Sony.
Planet TV is the sole shareholder of the companies operating Turkish TV channels Planet Turk, Planet Mutfak, Planet Cocuk, and Planet Pembe.
According to the Esin Attorney Partnership, "Planet TV, with Sony as its partner, will continue its dynamic development and growth into being a major thematic channel owner and operator in Turkey.” The 4 premium thematic channels owned by Planet TV offer local content in Kids, Cooking, Turkish Movies, and Soaps. According to the firm, “these themes used to be program grids of mainstream channels until Planet, pioneering a new approach, articulated them as distinct channel identities, in turn providing advertisers with targeted audiences."
The Esin Attorney Partnership team that advised Planet Platform and TV Group was led by Partner Eren Kursun, who described the partnership between Planet Platform and Sony as "a game changer for the Turkish media sector.” Kursun was supported by Associates Gul Incesulu, Mehmetcan Atasoy, and Sait Baha Erol.
- Esin Attorney Partnership Advises ICD on Extension of Murabaha Facility to Aktif Bank
- Baker & McKenzie and Paksoy Advise on Second Burgan Bank Syndicated Loan
- The Buzz in Turkey: Interview with Eren Kursun of Esin Attorney Partnership
- Esin Attorney Partnership Advises Hitachi Kokusai Turkey on Acquisition of Stake in BCS Technology
- Esin Attorney Partnership Advises ING Bank on Syndicated Loan Refinancing