The Esin Attorney Partnership, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International, has advised Burgan Bank on on a USD 87 million and EUR 57 million syndicated multi-tranche term loan agreement with 13 banks from 8 countries. Paksoy advised the lending banks on the deal, with Hogan Lovells advising on English law aspects.
The banks were led by HSBC, acting as coordinator, Arab Banking Corporation (B.S.C.), acting as agent, and Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft, Filiale Luxemburg, HSBC Bank Middle East Limited, and Mashreqbank PSC acting as initial mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners.
This is the second syndicated loan on which the Esin Attorney Partnership and Baker & McKenzie have advised Burgan Bank, following a similar syndicated multi-tranche dual-currency term loan agreement last summer (as reported by CEE Legal Matters on June 30, 2016). According to Esin Attorney Partner Muhsin Keskin, who led his firm’s team on the deal along with Paris-based Baker & McKenzie Partner Michael Foundethakis, “we are proud to advise Burgan Bank on their second syndicated loan in Turkey. This transaction marks our market leader position for FI syndications in Turkey. It is also an excellent indicator of international financial institutions’ trust in the Turkish economy and banking system despite the coup attempt and S&P’s subsequent downgrading of Turkey’s foreign currency rating.”
The Paksoy team consisted of Partner Sera Somay and Senior Associate Ozlem Barut, supported by Associate Soner Dagli.
- Allen & Overy Advises Poland on Issuance of First European Sovereign Panda Bond
- Eversheds Ots & Co Advises on Sale of Friendly Finance Shares to Tirona Limited
- Esin Attorney Partnership Advises ICD on Extension of Murabaha Facility to Aktif Bank
- Avellum Advises Allergan in Connection with a Global Sale of Part of Allergan’s Business to Teva
- The Buzz in Turkey: Interview with Eren Kursun of Esin Attorney Partnership