Ugur Ates has become the new Chief Legal Counsel at Kurum Holding, which he joined as Legal Counsel just in January of this year.
According to Ates, "I have been working for Kurum Group for eight months and I was promoted to the position of Chief Legal Counsel in June, 2016 due to my performance in the last six months. Under this title, I am now responsible for managing the legal team of the group, which consists of 8 attorneys in total (1 in Turkey, 2 in Albania, and 5 in Kosovo) and also supervising the external law firms.”
Ates joined Kurum Holding from the Serap Zuvin Law Offices, which he rejoined in August of 2015 after also working there from December 2009 to February 2013. He also spent a year and a half as a Senior Lawyer at Digiturk and a year as an Senior Associate with the Aksan Law Firm. He graduated from the Yeditepe University and obtained his LL.M. from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Linklaters, White & Case, Slaughter & May and GSI Advise on beIN Acquisition of Digiturk
- Deal 5: Lawyer at Credit Bureau Creditinfo Anatolijus Kisielis on the Use of Facebook Data Case
- Deal 5: Burgan Bank Head of Consultancy & Corporate Governance Unit Nesteren Caliskan on the Bank's 2016 Syndicated Loan
- Deal 5: Ashok Leyland UEA's GC on Truck Manufacturer Ownership Transfer
- Deal 5: C3's Executive Director of Corporate Development on Acquisition of Majority Stake in PM