The Kyiv and Paris offices of Baker & McKenzie acted as Ukrainian and English law counsel to the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in connection with a new syndicated loan facility of up to USD 130 million for Nibulon, Ukraine’s leading grain and oilseeds trader and producer.
Baker & McKenzie must have both the EBRD and Nibulon on auto-dial at this point, as this marks the third loan the firm to Nibulon the firm has advised the EBRD on in the past 12 months, following a EUR 130 million loan to Nibulon in August of 2014 (reported on by CEE Legal Matters on September 1, 2014), and a subsequent USD 25 million term loan in December of 2014 (reported on December 17, 2014).
Baker & McKenzie's team on this most recent deal was led by Partners Ihor Olekhov and Michael Foundethakis, with support from Associates Maksym Hlotov, Nicholas Macheras, and Victoria Ischenko. Olekhov, Hlotov, and Ischenko worked on all three deals.
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Eversheds Ots & Co Advises on Sale of Friendly Finance Shares to Tirona Limited
- Aequo Counsels EBRD on Loan to Astarta Group
- Baker & McKenzie and Paksoy Advise on Second Burgan Bank Syndicated Loan