Spenser & Kauffmann has successfully represented PJSC Zhytomyr Furniture Factory in proceedings against the Zhytomyr United State Tax Inspectorate of Center Department of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine regarding an alleged tax debt of UAH 26.3 million.
"Tax notice-decisions were made based on the results of a planned documentary on-site inspection of the company, which established overestimation of the negative value of the object of taxation with income tax and underestimation of value-added tax,” explained Spenser & Kauffmann Aleksandra Fedotova in an announcement distributed by the firm. "The tax authority contended that the company had wrongly calculated rent costs, which, in its opinion, were not related to the business activities."
According to the Spenser & Kauffmann announcement, “the court agreed with the arguments provided by Spenser & Kauffmann regarding the absence of legal grounds for tax authority’s conclusions."
- Spenser & Kauffmann Opens Labor and Employment Practice
- Spenser & Kauffmann Opens Private Clients Practice
- New Head of International Arbitration and Cross-Border Litigation at Spenser & Kauffmann
- Spenser & Kauffmann Successfully Represents Klub ZhZh in Women’s Journal IP Disputes
- Spenser & Kaufmann Adds Head of Corporate/M&A Practice in Kyiv