Baker & McKenzie has advised Cargill on an agreement with MV Cargo for the latter to construct a new port terminal in Yuzhni, Ukraine. MV Cargo was assisted by CMS on the deal.
The investment will amount to around USD 100 million and the resulting terminal will allow for the handling of large vessels, delivering Ukrainian grain to markets all over the world. Construction of the terminal will begin on 27 February 2016 and is expected to be completed by the spring of 2018.
Olyana Gordiyenko, Partner at Baker & McKenzie, commented on the transaction: "We are honored to support Cargill on one of its milestone investments into the Ukrainian agricultural sector, and to contribute to the upgrade of Ukraine’s port infrastructure. We have been working towards this moment for quite some time and are committed to supporting the investment through to ribbon cutting.”
The Baker & McKenzie team was led by London-based Partner Nick O’Donnell and Kyiv-based Partner Olyana Gordiyenko, with key input from Senior Associate Olena Kuchynska and from Nadiia Filozop.
The CMS team was led by Partner and Head of Corporate/M&A practice at Kyiv office, Graham Conlon and Senior Associate Tetyana Dovgan, working together with Lawyers Vitalii Mainarovych, Nataliya Kushniruk, and Nataliya Nakonechna.
- The Buzz in Russia: Interview with Leonid Zubarev of CMS
- Eversheds Ots & Co Advises on Sale of Friendly Finance Shares to Tirona Limited
- CMS Advises PKN Orlen on Investent in New Metathesis Unit
- Baker & McKenzie and Paksoy Advise on Second Burgan Bank Syndicated Loan
- CMS Advises Alfa-Bank Ukraine on Restructuring of Financing of Toronto-Kyiv Business Center