Redcliffe has advised the EBRD in connection with a USD 40 million financing of GNT Group, an integrated grain supply chain and export logistics group which operates in Odessa Seaport. Clifford Chance advised EBRD on the English and UAE law aspects of the financing, while the ANK law firm advised the GNT Group on the deal.
According to Redcliffe Partners, the GNT Group will use the financing to expand its existing grain and metals terminal in the Odessa Seaport. The implementation of the project is expected to have a significant positive impact on the Ukrainian economy, as the expanded terminal will allow larger volumes of industrial and agricultural exports to be “transhipped” through the port.
The transaction required legal advice in several jurisdictions, including Ukraine, the UK, the UAE, Cyprus, and Switzerland.
Redcliffe’s team included Managing Partner Olexiy Soshenko, Counsel Dmytro Orendarets, Associate Evgeniy Vazhynskiy, and Junior Associate Olesia Mykhailenko.
Editor's Note: After this article was published the ANK law firm confirmed to CEE Legal Matters that it had provided legal support to the GNT Group on the deal. The firm's team consisted of the firm's Head of Maritime Law Artyom Volkov, Managing Partner Alexander Kifak, and Lawyer Vladyslav Brig.
- Clifford Chance and Vostarek & Komeiserova Advise on Ceska Sporitelna Financing of Roth Industries’ Leveraged Buyout of Roltechnik
- BASEAK and White & Case Advise on EBRD Investment in Burger King Master Franchisee
- BASEAK Represents EBRD on Bond Investment in Aksa Enerji
- Dentons, White & Case, and Clifford Chance Advise on Mezzanine Capital Loans to Medicon Group and Nolloth
- Aequo Counsels EBRD on Loan to Astarta Group