Sayenko Kharenko has announced that it is advising Auchan, one of the world's largest food retailers, on various Ukrainian law issues, including real estate investment issues, regulatory, land, criminal, and criminal-procedural matters. The firm also reports that it is representing Auchan "before state and local authorities, law enforcement authorities, public councils, working groups, and commissions."
Auchan Retail Ukraine is the Ukrainian subsidiary of the French food retailer Auchan. Founded in 1961 in France, Groupe Auchan operates in 14 countries, including the EU, China, Taiwan, and Senegal. It is structured into 3 core businesses: hypermarkets, supermarkets, and e-commerce. Auchan Retail Ukraine was opened in March 2007. The first supermarket was launched in Kiev in 2008. Auchan Retail Ukraine employs more than 3 800 people.
The Sayenko Kharenko team advising on the project is led by Partner Sergey Pogrebnoy, and it includes Counsel Sergiy Smirnov, Senior Associate Anastasiya Bidakh, and Associate Kuzma Pozychaniuk.
- Sayenko Kharenko Advises Shipping Company on Succesful Challenge of Special Sanctions in Ukraine
- Sayenko Kharenko Represents Polish Polymer Manufacturer in Safeguard Investigation
- CEELM Round Table on State of Ukrainian Legal Market
- Sayenko Kharenko Represents Altcom in Court and Enforcement Proceedings
- Sayenko Kharenko Represents Yenakiieve Iron and Steel Works in Anti-Dumping Investigation