Vasil Kisil & Partners has advised Epicenter on its acquisition of a group of buildings of the former Alta Center Shopping Mall near the Petrivka metro station in Kyiv. The operations of Alta Center as a shopping mall have thus been terminated, and VKP reports that the buyer will use the vacated buildings and land plots to build its own hypermarket.
Epicenter K LLC is the largest Ukrainian DIY retail chain.
According to a VKP statement, the firm’s lawyers advised on structuring the transaction (including the procedure for settlements and provision of security for the parties’ obligations), drafted all necessary preliminary and definitive property purchase agreements, payment security agreements and other transaction documents, and participated in negotiations. In addition, VKP provided legal advice on the termination of operations of Alta Center, the re-execution of land lease agreements, and compliance with the antitrust laws when entering into the agreements, among other things.
The firm’s project team included Partner Alexander Borodkin, Counsel Anna Sisetska, and Associate Mykola Boichuk.
In 2013 Vasil Kisil & Partners advised Epicenter on its investment in the Nova Linia group of companies (as reported by CEE Legal Matters on December 18, 2013).
- Vasil Kisil & Partners Represents Shell in Tax Dispute
- Aequo and Vasil Kisil & Partners Advise on Viasat World Limited Acquisition of Viasat Ukraine from Modern Times Group
- Vasil Kisil & Partners Advises AWAS on Aircraft Sale and Lease
- Creative Solutions in a Critical Cause: Women in Law Firms
- Spenser & Kauffmann Opens Labor and Employment Practice